Did you see my interview on infertility this morning on Good Morning Arizona?
If you’d like to learn more about the challenges of getting pregnant, here are some things to know.
Each woman has a different story and the only way to know what is happening to YOU is to start by visiting your doctor. Keep these points in mind when you discuss your issues or concerns.
Common medical irritants during pregnancy:
Many issues such gestational diabetes, increased BP and pre-eclampsia arise which are very serious, but most women just get garden variety medical “irritants”.
- 1st trimester
- Breast tenderness
- Nausea, morning sickness
- 2nd trimester
- Leg cramps
- GERD, heartburn
- Increase in gas/flatulence
- Hemmorroids, constipation
- Nose bleeds/bleeding gums
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- 3rd trimester
- Swelling of the legs
- Shortness of breath
- Frequent urination
- Have to be cautious as to what medication/OTC one can take during pregnancy to help these things.
- Fine to take during pregnancy: Tylenol, Antacids, Anti-gas, fiber/laxatives, preparation H, cough drops